Modulift is the premier supplier of modular Spreader Beams and other below the hook heavy lifting equipment. Modulift Spreaders are versatile, lightweight and cost effective. The Modulift range of Spreader Beams have DNV type approval 2.22 for Spreader Beams up to 1000t.
Modulift provide the ideal solution for most lifting requirements – versatile and cost-effective, the Modulift range has capacity from 2 to 5000t with spans up to 100 metres (330ft). The modular configuration and interchangeable components enable a Modulift Spreader to be reused over many lifts. Every Modulift adjustable Spreader Beam consists of a pair of End Units and a pair of Drop Links, with interchangeable Struts that can be bolted into the assembly between the End Units, to either lengthen or shorten the Beam to suit the requirements of the lift – making them reusable at different spans.
Designed by our lifting equipment engineering experts and manufactured in our own specialist facilities; the Modulift range are the leading Modular Spreader Beams on the market.
Why Modulift is the leading spreader beam on the market?
- Lightweight: The Modulift Design is optimised to provide lightweight products – keeping the weight of the Rigging down can help optimise your crane selection, particularly at a large working radius.
- Portable: A Spreader Beam that is dismantled can be transported easily – the maximum length struts are usually under 6 metres (20ft). Many of the smaller sizes have components that are light enough to be handled by one person.
- Custom Options: From custom-length Struts, to custom designed Lifting Rigs – our team of experienced engineers are here to help.
- Versatile: One Spreader Beam can be re-assembled and used at many different possible spans.
- Economical: They can be used over and over again for years, for all sorts of applications.
- Quick Ship: Many sizes dispatched next day at many locations worldwide.
Also designed to adapt to changing needs, we have developed Additional Components so that the End Units, Drop Links, Shackles and Slings can be exchanged with lighter versions of themselves – making even our Heavy and Super Heavy range of Spreader Beams easy to handle and assemble. Please see our Cone Adaptors and Step-Down End Units for further details.
See our Manufacturing page for details on how our modular Spreader Beams are made and Tested. Also see our Standards and Certification page for details on our high QA standards.
Expertly engineered – key features of the Modulift design
Cost and weight of the rigging are important considerations when planning a lift, and therefore the Modulift Modular Spreader Beam is an ideal solution compared to other types of Spreader Beams:
The key Modulift design feature is the separate Drop Link that slots into the End Unit at each end of the Beam – this eliminates any bending being transferred to the Spreader beam – unlike Spreader Beams that have the Drop Link built in. Like-for-like, the Modulift design has been proved to be up to 50% lighter.
The other key feature is the bolted flanges. It is a fast and efficient way of connecting Struts together – bolts are simply tightened to the required tightening torque with a torque wrench. Having a selection of different length Struts enables the Beam to be fully modular.
Modular Spreader Beams are specifically for 2 point lifts, but several Spreader beams can easily be assembled in ‘Cascading Rigs’ to achieve more lifting points. Please contact Modulift if you need assistance in selecting Spreader Beams for ‘Multi-Point’ lifts or see our Frames for Multi-Point Lifts page for further information.