OUTSIDE PRODUCT ADVISOR - TN
Job Description Summary
The OUTSIDE PRODUCT ADVISOR is responsible for driving profitable revenue growth for assigned accounts within the I & I Sling business unit. This is done by thoroughly understanding market dynamics and developing strong customer relationships properly positioning the I & I Sling sales effort, with all commercial activities aligned with and supporting the I & I Sling business unit strategy set by the Sales Manager.
The duties and responsibilities of the Outside Product Advisor will consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Accountable for increasing revenue and market share for all targeted customer groups, channels and geographies, and constantly improving sales efficiency in the assigned Territory
- Responsible for the development of a comprehensive set of account plans that connect the customer’s needs with the overall market-back sales strategy for the territory
- Knows and understands all competitive and customer dynamics in the territory and counsels the General Manager on how best to position I & I Sling for profitable growth
- Drives to meet or exceed all sales targets and other training and performance goals
- Establishes and maintains consistent direct contact with customers and forms strong relationships
- Conduct product training at customer locations
- Inform customers on proper use of I & I Sling products and assist in product selection based on application.
- Work closely with direct customers to understand their use patterns and obtain accurate forecasts
- Utilizes a disciplined approach to coordinate sales with customer service and any other I & I Sling business function as needed
- Actively prospect and capture new accounts to be sold directly
- Resolve customer service issues and provide solutions to customers’ needs
- Will be proficient in understanding and promoting product applications across all existing and new technologies
- Responsible for quickly identify changing customer requirements and following through with corresponding account sales strategy changes
- Provides counsel to the General Manager on the strategic pricing of products to maximize profitability
- Provides insights to help the I & I Sling new product introduction (NPI) effort
- Provides counsel to the Marketing Director to support marketing and promotion campaigns
- Professionally represent the company at trade shows, and conventions.
- Generate and maintain accurate and timely reports and maintain company records.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Excellent customer service acumen
- Drive for results
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Problem-solving skills
- Analytical skills
- Highly organized
- Strong work ethic
- Action Oriented
- Instills trust
- Decision Quality
- Team player
- Professional & pleasant demeanor
- Work Experience:
- Two (5) years of sales selling into an industrial market
- Demonstrated background in selling and providing solutions to industrial direct customers
- Ability to negotiate within standard guidelines
- Demonstrated ability to develop and exceed a monthly, quarterly, annual sales plan
- Ability to effectively and persuasively present business information
- Education: BS or BA in related field required with Finance, Sales, Marketing or Entrepreneurship preferred.
- Computer Skills: Advanced in Microsoft Office Skills and experience with CRM tools
- Organization Skills: Excellent organizational, ability to multi-tasking and shift priorities as needed
- Cross-functional skills: Ability to work well cross-functionally with all business functions; provides excellent internal and external customer service
- Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal skills; strong interpersonal skills; ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information; advanced presentation skills; strong project management skills
- Problem Solving Skills: Good problem-solving skills with the ability to provide easily understood solutions
- Travel: The ability to travel within defined territory. Travel estimated at 75% of the time.
- Physical, Mental and Visual Skills: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, hear and use fingers and hands.
- Physical Environment: Normal office environment; manufacturing, warehouse, construction, industrial environment and exposure to moving equipment